This week, DISH Network introduced the release of its most innovative product yet with the Sling Adapter, allowing viewers to literally watch “TV Everywhere.” There’s honestly nothing worse than being forced to attend a wedding right in the middle of college football season or spend eight hours in the family “fun wagon” for a road trip. Since our cell phones are always strapped to us regardless of the situation, we don’t have to worry about being inconvenienced from missing our favorite shows or rooting on our favorite teams now that DISH Network has given subscribers the ability to stream live TV anywhere.
Whether you’re intimidated by new technology or can’t wait to get your hands on the latest DISH DVR companion, we’re giving you the step-by-step guide to make setup for the user-friendly Sling Adapter painless. Here are five easy to follow steps for ‘TV Everywhere’ setup and installation:
1. Make sure you have a compatible DVR at home, either the ViP 722 or ViP 722k HD DuoDVR. You can find all of the latest DVR products at DISH Systems – authorized DISH Network dealer.
2. Connect one of the mentioned compatible DVR’s to a broadband high-speed Internet service.
3. Purchase the DISH Sling Adapter for only $99 and plug in its already connected USB drive to your DVR’s USB port.
4. Download the DISH Remote Access app ASAP. The following mobile devices will be able to access the app to stream live or recorded TV: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, 4.3-inch Android smart phones and tablets, and BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9000 or Curve 8520 and 8900. This app can be downloaded in a variety of locations: Android marketplace, iTunes Store and on the DISH Network site (where you can download the beta Blackberry app and DISH Remote Access for your PC or laptop).
5. Log-in to the Remote Access app and start watching live or recorded television. You can also use your smart phone as a remote control to manage your DVR system at home while you’re away.
Excited about accessing ‘TV Everywhere’? I am too… You can visit DISH Systems to subscribe to DISH Network and find out if your current DVR is compatible with the new ‘TV Everywhere’ feature thanks to the Sling Adapter technology. You can also call and speak to a DISH Systems representative at 866-989-3474.